Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Yap Yap, 999, and Vera

Heh, I now have the home internets.

After 31 days of torture and terror (you know, first world problems) of no reliable internet, I know can surf and stream and do all the things on TT&V.

Massive sigh of relief on my end.

Welcome back, Vera! I know I missed you.

D'awww, shucks. Thanks, Dear Reader.

So, are you going to that Milestones Autism Conference this week?

I am! I do have to say, after looking at the panel topics and session abstracts, I don't know if I will get anything out of any of them. I do look forward to a couple, if I am "eligible" to get in to them, meaning, we better not be only allowed to attend sessions based on how we identify ourselves.

Huh?

I registered as an "Individual With ASD." According to their website, there are only four panels that are "available" to choose from tailored to that registration category. Needless to say, but I will say it anyway: the two panels I am interested in are not on that list.

For a conference who wants to put the emphasis on person-first language all while using identity-first panel permissions seems kind of fucked up if you asked me. Hopefully, that will not be the case.

And speaking of conferences....guess what?

Chicken butt. What?

One of my bucket list items is going to be crossed off next month.

I am going to be a public speaker for the first time.

OOOOOOH! WHERE?

I know, exciting right?

I, this wonderful brat of all the brats, will be making my first public speaking appearance (on a volunteer basis) at this year's TrotCon, a comic book convention for fans of My Little Pony, on Saturday, July 15. It will be for one hour, one day only.

Nice! Can you sneak me in?

Ummmm, no.

Heh, okay. How do I get to see you live?

Registration is right here. If you register now, you can save some money before the price hike!

And somebody tell Steve Blum about this, too! Maybe he can crash my panel, among other things.

Very cool! I'm very proud of you, Vera.

Thank you very much.

Now, without a car, how in the hell are you going to get to TrotCon?

Well, it is said amongst the sages that friendship is magic....sooo....I will talk to some folks offline to see what my options are.

What will you be talking about at your first ever public speaking engagement?

Probably my love for all things Pinkie Pie. She is the true Badass of Equestria.

Already you're going to start a fight over who's a more badass pony?

If you look closely, this year's theme at TrotCon is "Post-Apocalyptic." And if anypony is going to survive The Apocalypse, it would be cockroaches, Keith Richards, and Pinkie Pie.

Wow, you already are going to get your butt handed to you even before you step on stage or whatever.

I have to start somewhere, Dear Reader. Oh, and by the way....

Now what?

I think I will involve you, in a way.

Oh?

The audience will get to be "Dear Reader," since this is going to be a mostly Q & A (questions and answers) panel.

Oh, once I get my ticket, I will have questions alright.

Good. Bring them on.

And until then, I will still be doing the yap yap here for all of my 999 invisible fans (and the X visible fans, heh).

4 comments:

  1. Friendship is magic, Vera!

    So how would each pony survive the apocalypse? Thinking mainly of the Mane Six - best traits, worst traits, who would they trust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm....I think the pony that comes out of this the least scathed is Rarity. Underneath her elegant exterior, she will end up exuding her confidence in help rebuilding Equestria. On the other hand, Pinkie Pie ends up reverting to her old self once again, and will take more than the Mane Six collective to help Pinkie come back out again.

      Delete
    2. Wow.

      Have a Net friend [who is sometimes on the Directory] who is a big Rarity fan.

      Confidence is indeed a big thing in the apocalypse.

      In that case - a minor character like an ant or a beetle?

      [It's Fluttershy who is "fond" of animals and insects - she has them in her alignment/zone of moral/ethical concern].

      Delete
    3. I don't know. Maybe Gummy being able to speak or communicate with sounds brings Pinkamena back to her Pinkie goodness?

      Delete